Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Garden of the Gods

Wednesday of Vacation Week we went to The Garden of the Gods. At least, I think it was Wednesday. Not that it matters. It doesn't. But it does nag at me...

I knew we would be going to Garden of the Gods, because every single person who found out we were going to Colorado Springs said, "Oh, you have to go to Garden of the Gods!"

But I never bothered to look it up. Why would I? I would see it soon enough.

But in my mind, I was envisioning some sort of lush...garden.

I should have looked it up. I would have seemed a lot smarter.

When we arrived, we stopped at the huge Visitors' Center so I could run in and grab some maps and general free info. Then we headed around the switchbacks.



And arrived at the Garden.

Ethan, his mother, and all the kids
Shoot. Now that I look at the pictures, I see that everyone is wearing the same thing they wore to the zoo. That means we must have gone to The Garden of the Gods on the same day that we went to the zoo. Which means we did NOT go on Wednesday.

This is why I blog.


Anyway, to get back to the Garden...it's a ROCK garden.

See how ignorant I can be?


I don't know if you can see it, but there's a little white dot on the big rock on the left. That's a climber.


Climber again.

"Forever free to the public"








I can't help but want to clean my camera lens when I look at these pictures. I don't know why that urge didn't strike when I was actually taking the pictures.

Probably because I was feeling inept at not knowing it was a rock garden. That ineptedness (ineptenacity?) translated to my photography skills.

Ah, well.

So on TUESDAY, we went to The Garden of the Gods, which is a ROCK GARDEN, and always make sure you have a CLEAN LENS when you start shooting pictures.

There. I feel so ept.

Next up: Pontoon Pirates!

1 comment:

  1. Not inept at all, if you ask me! I can relate; I've done similar things. And I wouldn't have noticed the smudged pictures if you hadn't said anything. I think they're great shots of the scenery and of your family! :) You have SUCH beautiful children.

    Looking forward to more pics from the trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool