Thursday, July 14, 2011

Colorado Springs

We're back from our trip to Grandma's. Our three-day, 1500+ mile trip. The children were thrilled to get there, sad to leave, and anxious for Christmas when Grandma will be here.

For my own memory's sake, I'm going to post about each day there. But I do have several mountain loads of laundry, a filthy set of 4 car seats in line to be washed, and a van in need of a thorough cleaning. Then there's the chicken poop everywhere from a dozen chickens who decided the porches make excellent nesting areas. (Guess what, chickens? You have earned yourself a fence!!) And I suppose we should get the grocery shopping done as there is nothing here to eat.

So I'm going to be short and frequent in my posts about Colorado (that's the goal, anyway!):

First up: the Fourth of July Children's Parade in Monument:

Getting in line:

The pretty blonde holding my children's hand? That's their grandmother. I know, I know...

If you put our children into a group setting and ask them to do something that could possibly be perceived as, ahem, silly, this is what you get. These two are representative of the entire gang. They are "thrilled."


But while the Children's Parade was so embarrassing, the regular parade was lots of fun.




We went home, got a new battery for the van, and headed out the next day to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.


5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the following posts! Looks like fun--an elephant!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimie, I hollered out, "Hello, Jaimie!" in Nebraska's general direction when we were passing through Kansas.

    Did you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I've been waiting for this. :) Been needing an Allison fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... looks like you did see Grandma Marlys.... It is fun to see all your photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool