Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fantastic Blog

One of my very favorite bloggers is Lenore Skenazy. In her blog, Free Range Kids, she says the kinds of should-be-common-sense things I'd like to say but don't because I have eight young children and my friends would call me negligent.

However, I do practice what she has coined as "free range parenting." We are firm believers in wisely letting a child practice responsibility while he is still under our roof (only figuratively, of course, because Free Range Parenting involves ...uh .... the Free Range). Even so, sometimes I am shocked at what she proposes, until I sit and think about it for a few minutes and inevitably come up with, "You know? She's right!"

Anyway. Her article for today was just right on the mark. Check it out!

(And for those friends of mine who tightly grip their 6-yr. old's hand when you are walking down to the end of the driveway to check the mail, um, you might want to read this with a stiff drink nearby. Maybe your 6-yr. old could bring it to you? I jest....I jest...relax...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool