Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Breakfast Plans

I find one of the hardest things for me is making split-moment decisions that are actually productive. In order to minimize the opportunity for chaos, it is helpful for me to have a plan that alleviates at least some of these decisions.

 


So occasionally I remember to plan ahead . . . when I am working according to plan, this is what we have for breakfast –


 


Breakfast


Monday – Muffins (Overnight)
Tuesday – Toast
Wednesday – Waffles (Overnight)
Thursday – Thoakmeal (Overnight)
Friday – French Toast (Overnight)
Saturday – Scrambled Eggs


 


As you can see, there are a couple of themes here: 1) I like overnight recipes, which means I prepare them the night before, let them sit overnight in the fridge, and just heat in the morning, and 2) Each breakfast has the same beginning letter as the day because I need all the memory helps I can get (well, we cheated on Soakmeal, but Thoakmeal is how my 3-yr. old says it and it makes it more convenient to go with Thursday).


 


For morning snack (on those mornings when breakfast is early enough to warrant a snack – VERY rare), we usually have some sort of fruit with or without peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool