Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Right this second...

My husband is off to pray with some friends. We've had supper, and the 2-yr. olds are chasing each other down the hall and back, down the hall and back. My 5-yr. old is rubbing my back, and the 10-, 8-, 7-, and 4-yr. olds are gathered on the couch, hunting through old Highlights magazines for hidden pictures. The baby is asleep in her crib.

Things are so very right this second.



I've been thinking a lot these last two weeks. We started school at the beginning of last week. I was dreading the start and the planning and the endless details involved in educating. I received the excellent advice to stop fretting the details and just make sure school happened, and that's exactly what I needed. I feel confident in our workload and secure in our choices.




We've been able to have our schoolwork done by noon each day, which has given us plenty of time to conquer the workload that a family our size dictates. The days are full, there's no denying...but it's a good full.



I cherish these days, I really do. I know these moments can be so evasive...some days will be hard and endless and inefficient. And those days make these days so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool