Saturday, October 1, 2011

This Week's Random Ponderings

  1. It takes more than a dozen donuts to feed my family. More than a dozen!
  2. The order of the day is bratwurst. No more hot dogs, thank-you-not-so-much, even for the kids. Bratwurst. Not Italian sausage. Bratwurst. Sauerkraut for me, relish for all but Ethan and Miriam, ketchup (Heinz) and mustard for everyone.
  3. All the kids find each other funny. And all the kids find me hilarious. Especially when I'm giving my LOOK. I don't think it's funny; it feels mean and vicious and SERIOUS. But nothing makes them laugh harder than getting me riled and seeing that look. And when I ask Ethan what in the cockamamie world is so blasted hilarious about my serious face, well. Never mind. (Anyway, they never do!)
  4. The White Horse Inn with Ethan makes kitchen clean-up go much faster.
  5. The White Horse Inn without Ethan makes me sleepy.
  6. A new dishwasher leaves the dishes much cleaner.
  7. New window treatments make the kitchen much cleaner.
  8. Rabbits can go many, many days without water. At least, I know one that did.
  9. One thrifted light-up Gloworm makes 19-mo. old boys very, very snuggly.
  10. One thrifted light-up Gloworm makes 19-mo. old girls very, very jealous.
  11. And lastly, I am so glad this summer is over. Hot, sticky, buggy, bright=BAD. And not hot, sticky, buggy, bright=HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool