Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Toddlers Putting on Own Coats


I love this one. One of my friends taught my kids this, and I unashamedly show this off whenever I can.


  


When you have to bundle 6 kids, you LOVE it when they can do it themselves. Come to think of it, I don't know of any parents of only children (parents of only CHILDREN? Something's wonky with that sentence...) that beg their child to please stop dressing himself so Mommy can do it.


   


So here's the Montessori way to put on your own coat when your arms are too short to do it the conventional way:


  


1) Lay the coat on the floor. The back of the coat should be on the floor, with the opening facing up.


  


2) Stand by the hood. (The coat will look upside-down to you.)


  


3) Stick your arms in the arm holes (yes, even though it looks upside-down).


  


4) Now swing your arms up and FLIP! it over your head!


  


At the beginning, you will have to throw the coat down for them and remind them where to stand (by the hood!). But eventually, they can throw their own coats on the floor. All by themselves.


  


For more ideas, see Mother Hen's website.

3 comments:

  1. I love that trick. Thanks for linking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you're back to your blogging self. I love that trick as well. I'm sorry I never thought to share it with you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. Toddlers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool