Thursday, October 13, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}: Oct. 13



PRETTY:




Well, I had a choice. I could spend the $3.99 on ten fall roses or on another bag of apples. I went for the roses.


I'm pleased with my decision. The bag of apples would not have lasted the week that the roses have, and there have been no apple skins spewed onto the floor.  Plus, the fruit flies prefer apples.


HAPPY:




This is the Dark Hour, or The Hour after the Littles Are in Bed. We've newly instituted this time when Ben and Lily get to stay up later than the others, and so far both nights have been a success. No littles are constantly tromping around the bedroom due to Ben and Lily's reading lights being on, and I'm loving the sweetness between these two that is not always present in the light of day. The only rules are that they must leave us alone and must find something peaceable to do. They have broken Rule No. 1 (leave me alone), but that was to ask, "Are you sure there's nothing we can do to clean so that you can sit down?" so I forgave them.


FUNNY:






This one is funny. Well, she and all 7 of her siblings. But for now I'll pick on Salem. For those of you who know Miriam (6), suffice it to say that she is Miriam to the nth degree. Miriam, but bossier. Miriam, but more of a tattle-tale. Miriam, but clingier (because, after all, her place is among the adults, right? Surely she can't be expected to hang out with children all day). She is simultaneously a mother's dream and a sibling's nightmare. By the time she's 2 1/2, I'll be out of a job.


REAL:




Pardon me while I almost lose it. Chicken poop is so gross. And so were the spiders that were living under the trash can. (And I know, I know, I'm wearing a stupid scrunchy. But I didn't know my picture was going to be taken! Just look at the boots.)


For more photos of everyday life, visit

IMG_8896-3

4 comments:

  1. Great rule about the Dark Hour. It brings the older ones together in solidarity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with the boots, or the hair? Don't think about it so much. :) SPIDERS??????? I think I'll go now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave the apples, take the roses. Good choice! I would have done the same thing. :) Oh, to have children old enough to volunteer to clean for me! My daughter is thoughtful in that she offers to go read books in her crib so I can take a shower :) So, there's hope for the future!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool