- Clean boys' room
- Clean girls' room
Clean Eve's room (storage room)
- Clean master bedroom
- Clean bathrooms
- Straighten downstairs
- Straighten outside
Pinecones lightly dipped in white paint for garlands for the windows
- Mixed nuts in bowls
- Snowflakes and Swedish stars here and there
Cinnamon rolls for Sunday
- Swiss Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Espresso Snowcaps
- Spritz Cookies
Gingerbread Chocolate Panforte Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
--well, all I see is what didn't happen today.
a Done List is much more satisfying.
- Clean Eve's room (storage room)
- Pinecones lightly dipped in white paint for garlands for the windows.
- Cinnamon rolls for Sunday
- Chocolate Panforte
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Walked for 2 miles with 11yo daughter
- Found 11yo son's long-lost Trail Life handbook
- Listened to 13yo daughter teach 15yo son how to sew stockings, and admired five fresh-off-the-sewing-machine stockings made from dress shirts their father no longer wanted
- Washed kitchen blinds
Because the reality is, even on these festive preparation days, people still have to eat their regular meals and wash their regular clothes. The baby still needs to nurse, and the next baby up still needs attention and ticklings and naptime.
So my house is only marginally cleaner than it was this morning; and while it certainly smells better, that smell reminds me of the tidying the kitchen still needs. There are crafting bits and pieces here and there and everywhere, and there's dog hair and random books and random pieces of clothing.
But now the children are in bed, and they were all fed today (three cheers for frozen food!!!), they were all bathed today (three cheers for Saturday night!!!), and they are all present and accounted for.
And Papa is home, the dog is snoring on the couch, and the kitty on the front porch has her little heated house plugged in.
So all is right with my world!