Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Confession

I hate dyeing eggs.



I really, truly do.



I only mention this lest you think that trying to coordinate 6 kids' egg-decorating while 2 others are napping is not all it's cracked up to be.



You're right.

Although there was a lot of cracked, come to think of it.



It's messy. It's whiny. It's time-consuming.

And there are never enough eggs. And always too many.



The only upside to having dyed eggs today? It's a whole year before we have to do it again ((big sigh of relief)).

3 comments:

  1. I haven't dyed eggs since I taught pre-school. Isn't that awful? I've never done it with Jeremy and Justin. Every year I think I will and never get it done. Perhaps I'll save it for grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally like dyeing eggs. Although it's mass chaos. This year I will have grandparents here and intend to take full advantage of the extra hands because my energy supplies are depleted. Of course, that means we will have at least one horrid, brownish-green egg color that my dad makes every year by dipping an egg into every. single. color. Ahhh....traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bake the bread- daddy does the eggs with the kids...I have the easy job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool