Thursday, May 21, 2009

Noncents


   


Yesterday, Benjamin (7) came up and asked me, "Mom, what are the five centses called again?"


  


"Nickels," I answered quickly.


  


"No. We have five centses. What are they called?"


  


"NICKELS."


  


He began to get more frustrated, a bewildered look on his face. "I'm talking about centses."


  


I started speaking more slowly, looking directly at him. "If you have five cents, five pennies, then you have the same thing as a nickel. Are you talking about 'coins'? Or sometimes we call it 'loose change'?"


  


"MOM! I'm talking about the FIVE CENTSES!! S-E-N-S-E-S!!"


  


Oh.


  


It seems the change isn't the only thing a little loose around here. My head hurts from all the rattling.


   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Tool