It being past the seasons of thankfulness, joy (those are only seasons, right? ahem...) and grandiose resolutions, I think it's high time someone posted some pet peeves.
And I'm happy to oblige myself.
Here we go...
- Cats (and yes, we own two)
- Sunday School papers
- Sunday School crafts
- Any kind of craft
- Bath mats that shed a whole sheep when you wash 'em
- The inevitability of someone wetting the bed or throwing up in bed the night after I change the sheets. Do you know how hard it is to change bunkbed sheets?
- Pregnant bloggers who post pictures of their cute little bellies
- Dress-up clothes
- Dress-up shoes
- Cabinets, hutches, entertainment centers, rolltop desks, and refrigerators that don't come with a parental voice-activated lock
- Carseat laws
- Carseats in general
I know there's more, but I've got to wash some sticky faces and get ready to go to prayer meeting. You don't know how much joy it gives me to imagine the horror that sentence must cause some people.
Disclaimer: Just for the record, probably part of this list is due to my being so very huge that a picture of my swollen feet - let alone of my belly - would not fit on this screen. And part of it is due to the fact that I have six smallish children already (one kid with crafts is cute [I guess]; six kids with crafts is a recipe for emergency home renovation). And part of it is due to the capriciousness of things. Someday I may love play-doh (no guarantees on the Sunday School papers, cute little pregnant bellies, or carseats, however).
Anything you'd like to add? I'm ASKING to hear your pet peeves. Misery loves company, and all that.